Our laboratory has started research activities since January 2005, aiming to study the effectiveness of molecular cancer therapeutics at the genome level. Our goals are to identify new molecular targets for tumor-selective therapy and to develop diagnosis methods for predicting drug responsiveness in cancer patients. For the attainment of the purpose, we promote two projects, using genome technologies: 1) basic research for microenvironment-oriented, molecular-targeted therapy and 2) translational research for diagnosis of drug responsiveness in molecular-targeted therapy.
- Basic research for microenvironment-oriented, molecular-targeted therapy
- Translational research for diagnosis of drug responsiveness in molecular-targeted therapy
- Takahashi M, Okamoto Y, Kato Y, Shirahama H, Tsukahara S, Sugimoto Y, Tomida A.
- Activating mutations in EGFR and PI3K promote ATF4 induction for NSCLC cell survival during amino acid deprivation.
Heliyon, 9, e14799 (2023)
- Kunimasa K, Ikeda-Ishsikawa C, Tani Y, Tsukahara S, Sakurai J, Okamoto Y, Koido M, Dan S, Tomida A.
- Spautin-1 inhibits mitochondrial complex I and leads to suppression of the unfolded protein response and cell survival during glucose starvation.
Sci Rep, 12, 11533 (2022)
- Iwao Y, Okamoto Y, Shirahama H, Tsukahara S, Tomida A.
- eIF4B enhances ATF4 expression and contributes to cellular adaptation to asparagine limitation in BRAF-mutated A375 melanoma.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 573, 93-99 (2021)
- Nagasawa I, Koido M, Tani Y, Tsukahara S, Kunimasa K, Tomida A.
- Disrupting ATF4 Expression Mechanisms Provides an Effective Strategy for BRAF-Targeted Melanoma Therapy.
iScience, 23,101028 (2020)
- Okamoto Y, Saito T, Tani Y, Toki T, Hasebe A, Koido M, Tomida A.
- The kinase PERK represses translation of the G-protein-coupled receptor LGR5 and receptor tyrosine kinase ERBB3 during ER stress in cancer cells.
J Biol Chem, 295, 4591-4603 (2020)
- Koido M, Tani Y, Tsukahara S, Okamoto Y, Tomida A.
- InDePTH: detection of hub genes for developing gene expression networks under anticancer drug treatment.
Oncotarget, 9, 29097-29111 (2018)
Akihiro Tomida, Ph.D. (Chief)
3-8-31, Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo135-8550, Japan