In eukaryotes, genomic DNA is stored in the three dimensional space of the cell nucleus, as a highly folded structure called chromatin. Epigenetic regulations are heritable changes in phenotypes without changes in DNA, and play critical roles in cancer development as well as its progression. Recently, nuclear non-coding RNAs and histone proteins; fundamental components of chromatin are considered to be important to understand cell pathology since they are key factors of epigenetics. The goal of our studies is to elucidate molecular mechanisms in order to understand how chromatin and nuclear structures function, as well as how they contribute to cancer regulation, which might contribute to discovery of new diagnosis and therapeutic targets.
- Tomita, S., Abdalla, M. O. A., Fujiwara, S., Yamamoto, T., Iwase, H., Nakao, M. and Saitoh, N. (corresponding author)
- Roles of long non-coding RNAs in chromosome domains. WIREs RNA, doi: 10.1002/wrna.1384. (2016)
- Tomita, S., Abdalla, M. O. A., Fujiwara, S., Matsumori, H., Maehara, K., Ohkawa, Y., Iwase, H., Saitoh, N. (corresponding author) and Nakao, M.
- A cluster of noncoding RNAs activates the ESR1 locus during breast cancer adaptation. Nat. Commun. 6: Article No. 6966 (2015)
- Tokunaga, K., Saitoh, N. (corresponding author), Goldberg, I. G., Sakamoto, C., Yasuda, Y., Yoshida, Y., Yamanaka, S. and Nakao, M.
- Computational image analysis of colony and nuclear morphology to evaluate human induced pluripotent stem cells. Sci. Rep. 4:6996 (2014)
- Saitoh, N. (corresponding author), Sakamoto, C., Hagiwara, M., Agredano-Moreno, L. T., Jiménez-García, L. T. and Nakao, M.
- The distribution of phosphorylated SR proteins and alternative splicing are regulated by RANBP2. Mol. Biol. Cell 23: 1115-1128 (2012)
Noriko Saitoh (Chief, Division of Cancer Biology)
3-8-31 Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8550
E-mail : email@example.com