Cancer is induced by accumulation of multiple genetic abnormalities on stem/progenitor cells that are essential for the homeostasis of organisms. Such genetic abnormalities are caused by certain carcinogenic stimuli and overt cancer develops through the multi-step process. Therefore it is important to understand the molecular mechanism of the carcinogenic process at each step. Our research is focused on hematological and mesenchymal malignancies, and oncogenic transcription factors including homeodomain proteins and chimeric transcription factors. Insertional mutagenesis using retroviruses and transposons, and genetically engineered mouse models facilitate the genetic approach of these studies. Our goal is to identify novel important disease genes and molecular pathways, and to develop new approaches for cancer diagnostics and therapeutics.
- Analysis of the carcinogenic mechanism using mutagenesis
- Functional analysis of homeodomain proteins
- Functional analysis of chimeric genes in development of mesenchymal tumor and leukemia
- Fujino, T., Nomura, K., Ishikawa, Y., Makino, H., Umezawa, A., Aburatani, H., Nagasaki, K., Nakamura, T.
- Function of EWS-POU5F1 in sarcomagenesis and tumor cell maintenance.
Am J Pathol, 176, 1973-1982 (2010)
- Yokoyama, T., Kanno, Y., Yamazaki, Y., Takahara, T., Miyata, S., Nakamura, T.
- Trib1 links the MEK1/ERK pathway in myeloid leukemogenesis.
Blood, 116, 2768-2775 (2010)
- Jin, G., Yamazaki, Y., Takuwa, M., Takahara, T., Kaneko, K., Kuwata, T., Miyata, S., Nakamura, T.
- Trib1 and Evi1 cooperate with Hoxa and Meis1 in myeloid leukemogenesis.
Blood, 109, 3998-4005 (2007)
- Kawamura-Saito, M., Yamazaki, Y., Kaneko, K., Kawaguchi, N., Kanda, H., Mukai, H., Gotoh, T., Motoi, T., Fukayama, M., Aburatani, H., Takizawa, T., Nakamura, T.
- Fusion between CIC and DUX4 up-regulates PEA3 family genes in Ewing-like sarcomas with t(4;19)(q35;q13) translocation.
Hum Mol Genet, 15, 2125-2137 (2006)
- Iwasaki, M., Kuwata, T., Yamazaki, Y., Jenkins, N.A., Copeland, N.G., Osato, M., Ito, Y., Kroon, E., Sauvageau, G., Nakamura, T.
- Identification of cooperative genes for NUP98-HOXA9 in myeloid leukemogenesis using a mouse model.
Blood, 105, 784-793 (2005)
Takuro Nakamura (Chief, Division of Caracinogenesis)
3-8-31 Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8550
Tel: +81-3-3570-0462, FAX: 81-3-3570-0463
E-mail : email@example.com