Our project aims to investigate human cancers and the 4 Ds: Discovery of Diseases and Development of Diagnostics. We preferentially deal with research subjects that will lead to the development of novel therapeutics. We examine topics that will stimulate new developments in the fields of basic research and clinical medicine through the microscope (with morphology-based methods).
To doctors and medical researchers, every patient is a teacher, and every clinical sample is a valuable teaching material. Novel and practical findings that can be used to help patients wait to be discovered within patients themselves. We do research not for the sake of research itself but for patients.
- Takeuchi, K., Soda, M., Togashi, Y., Suzuki, R., Sakata, S., Hatano, S., Asaka, R., Hamanaka, W., Ninomiya, H., Uehara, H., Lim Choi, Y., Satoh, Y., Okumura, S., Nakagawa, K., Mano, H., Ishikawa, Y.
- RET, ROS1 and ALK fusions in lung cancer.
Nat Med, 18, 378-381 (2012)
- Takeuchi, K., Soda, M., Togashi, Y., Ota, Y., Sekiguchi, Y., Hatano, S., Asaka, R., Noguchi, M., Mano, H.
- Identification of a novel fusion, SQSTM1-ALK, in ALK-positive large B-cell lymphoma.
Haematologica, 96, 464-467 (2011)
- Takeuchi, K., Soda, M., Togashi, Y., Sugawara, E., Hatano, S., Asaka, R., Okumura, S., Nakagawa, K., Mano, H., Ishikawa, Y.
- Pulmonary inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor expressing a novel fusion, PPFIBP1-ALK: reappraisal of anti-ALK immunohistochemistry as a tool for novel ALK-fusion identification.
Clin Cancer Res, 17, 3341-3348 (2011)
- Takeuchi, K., Yokoyama, M., Ishizawa, S., Terui, Y., Nomura, K., Marutsuka, K., Nunomura, M., Fukushima, N., Yagyuu, T., Nakamine, H., Akiyama, F., Hoshi, K., Matsue, K., Hatake, K., Oshimi, K.
- Lymphomatoid gastropathy: a distinct clinicopathologic entity of self-limited pseudomalignant NK-cell proliferation.
Blood, 116, 5631-5637 (2010)
- Takeuchi, K., Choi, Y.L., Togashi, Y., Soda, M., Hatano, S., Inamura, K., Takada, S., Ueno, T., Yamashita, Y., Satoh, Y., Okumura, S., Nakagawa, K., Ishikawa, Y., Mano, H.
- KIF5B-ALK, a novel fusion oncokinase identified by an immunohistochemistry-based diagnostic system for ALK-positive lung cancer.
Clin Cancer Res, 15, 3143-3149 (2009)
Kengo TAKEUCHI, MD, PhD
3-8-31 Ariake, Koto, Tokyo 135-8550, JAPAN